Garmin GPSMAP 66i Handheld InReach Satellite Communicator TOPO MapSKU: 010-02088-03
Or 4 interest-free payments of $187.25 with Learn more.
Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPS Handheld and Satellite Communicator
MORE ADVENTURE. LESS WORRY.
Precise navigation meets global communication in the rugged GPSMAP® 66i. Using inReach® technology, the button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator1 lets you trigger an interactive SOS to GEOS and enables two-way messaging and location tracking via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network.
Navigate confidently with preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping, direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads, multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support, navigation sensors and LiveTrack capabilities.
When paired with a compatible smartphone, you can access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live. Pair with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you plan trips and manage routes, collections and waypoints, use tracks and review trip data from the field.
During extended activities, turn on Expedition mode for up to 200 hours of battery life in 30-minute tracking mode.
• Large 3” sunlight-readable colour display for easy viewing
• Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
• Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
• When paired with a compatible smartphone, you can access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
• Compatible with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities, and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
• Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours in 10-minute tracking mode and 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking intervals
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and GLONASS) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
BIRDSEYE SATELLITE IMAGERY
Download high-resolution, photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
PRELOADED TOPOACTIVE AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND MAPS
Preloaded TopoActive Europe maps show you summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
Exchange text messages with loved ones or friends, post to social media, or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field. Satellite subscription required.
INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, the Garmin-powered International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) with professional 24/7 global monitoring (Satellite subscription required).
Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They’ll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more. Satellite subscription required.
100% GLOBAL IRIDIUM® SATELLITE NETWORK
Instead of relying on mobile coverage, now your messages, SOS alerts and tracking are transferred via the global Iridium satellite network. Satellite subscription required.
OPTIONAL INREACH WEATHER
Use inReach connectivity to get detailed weather updates on GPSMAP 66i or a compatible device paired with the Garmin Explore™ app. Request weather forecasts for your current location, waypoints or destinations on your route.
When paired with your compatible smartphone you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you’re always aware of the surrounding conditions.
BUILT FOR ADVENTURE
This handheld is built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810), and it’s even compatible with night vision goggles.
The GPSMAP 66 series helps you keep gear to a minimum with a built-in LED flashlight that can be used as a beacon to signal for help.
GARMIN EXPLORE APP
Plan, review and sync waypoints, routes and tracks by using the Garmin Explore mobile app and website. You can even review completed activities while still in the field.
Turn on Expedition mode, and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
1Satellite subscription required.
In the box:
• GPSMAP 66i
• Access to Birdseye Satellite Imagery
• USB cable
• Carabiner clip
• Display size: 1.5"W x 2.5"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)
• Battery type: rechargeable, internal lithium-ion
• Display resolution: 240 x 400 pixels
• GPS: Yes
• Physical dimensions: 2.5” x 6.4” x 1.4” (6.2 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm)
• Interface: high speed micro-USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
• Water rating: IPX7
• Weight : 8.1 oz (230 g) with batteries
• Display type: transflective color TFT
• Battery life: up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking or up to 200 hours at 30-minute tracking (power save mode)
• High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
• External memory storage: yes (32 GB max microSD™ card)
• Waypoints/favourites/locations: 10000
• Preloaded maps: yes (TopoActive, routable)
• Basemap: Yes
• Routes: 250, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing
• Track log: 20000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities
• Memory/History: 16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)
• Ability to add maps: Yes
• Send route selection to MapShare during trip: Yes
• BirdsEye: yes (direct to device)
• Send waypoints to MapShare during trip: Yes
• Active Weather: Yes
• Rinex logging: Yes
• Pairs with Garmin Connect™ Mobile: Yes
• LED beacon flashlight: Yes
• inReach remote compatible: Yes
• Sun and moon information: Yes
• Virtual keyboard for custom messaging: Yes
• MapShare compatible with tracking: Yes
• Geocaching-friendly: yes (Geocache Live)
• Send and receive text messages to other inReach device: Yes
• Send and receive text messages to SMS and email: Yes
• Smart notifications on handheld: Yes
• Connect IQ™: Yes
• Custom maps compatible: yes (500 custom map tiles)
• Compatible with BaseCamp™: Yes
• Wireless connectivity: yes (Wi-Fi®, BLUETOOTH®, ANT+®)
• LiveTrack: Yes
• Exchange locations with other inReach device: Yes
• Map segments: 15000
• Point-to-point navigation: Yes
• Picture viewer: Yes
• Barometric altimeter: Yes
• Weather: Yes
• XERO™ Locations: Yes
• Interactive SOS: Yes
• Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) for outdoor activities: Yes
• GPS compass (while moving) Yes
• Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
• Compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
• Compatible with Garmin Explore™ app: Yes
• Garmin Explore website compatible: Yes
• MIL-STD-810: yes (thermal, shock, water)
|Model #||GPSMAP 66i|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|